Whether it is a business presentation or it is presenting yourself at school or college levels, a good script is very essential and forms the foundation for an effective demonstration. It is the only element that can make or break your success and covers your choice of words, the arguments and how you convey your message.
No doubt visuals play an important role while giving a PowerPoint Presentation but your script has a major role and can turn your PowerPoint to powerless, if not written well. Therefore, in order to make your presentation interesting you must invest some good time in scriptwriting.
With the help of below listed points you can add a little zing to your presentation and can script for your PowerPoint Presentation efficiently, making it more interesting and captivating. Since, these PPT’s are the powerful communication tools so delivering it perfectly demands your attention towards the following things:
- Start With A Powerful Script: Give some rhyme or reason to your presentation by scripting it well. Present it in such a way that your audience appreciates your every slide. Try to give it an interesting start and end in order to keep your listeners fully engaged.
- Present One Thing At A Time: Since your every slide will catch your audience’s attention so give relevant explanations with respect to what is being displayed. Plan and practice it well, if you want to catch your listeners’ interest and attention.
- Avoid Using Lengthy Paragraphs: Your complex paragraphs can turn off your listeners and will make everything boring. Don’t use those big chunky blocks of texts. Your slides are meant for illustrating your basic ideas and not your complete presentation. Hence, organize everything in an interesting and catchy manner.
- Design it Well: Don’t give those bright cheesy effects to your pages and keep your slide design simple. You can use decorative fonts for slide headers, only if they are easy to read. Always put dark text on a light background to make your slideshow interesting.
- Add Images Cautiously: Too many images can spoil the show so add them in a balanced manner. Use them only if they include some important information or makes the concept more clear.
- Think Out-Of-The-Box: Your slides can only help you in making your point clear in front of your audience but to keep your listeners fully engaged you have to experiment with your presentation methods. So pay attention towards your standing and dressing style, your body language and gestures.
Hence, for a successful presentation keep these above discussed points in your mind to earn the appreciation of your listeners.