For most of the official presentations, PowerPoint has become an ultimate choice. Besides being fast and effective, it gives you access to a myriad of amazing built-in features like visuals, animation, graphs, etc. But, why is it that despite PowerPoint being fully laden with incredible utilities, several presentations still fail to create the desired impact over audience.
In what is to follow, we will find answer to this question and determine the common pitfalls that can lead to a disastrous PowerPoint presentation.
- Data Overloading: Believe it or not, presentations are meant to highlight core points of the concerned subject. When too much of information is loaded onto a slide, the original essence and purpose of the presentation may get lost. And, this eventually results in the loss of interest on part of listeners.
- Technical Disruptions: It is one of the most commonly faced issues, especially in case of Webinars and needs to be troubleshoot, so as to ensure a smooth presentation. Primarily it involves blurred audio/video, improper functioning of mic, etc.
- An Illogical Ending: Conclusion is as important as introduction. But, if you thought that the only way to end a presentation is when a speaker stops discussing, then you probably need to rethink. Because one must always end presentation with a logical conclusion that justifies its end. Before you reach to any conclusion, there is one more factor that can lead to an unsatisfied audience, which is-
- The Presenter Himself: The body language of speaker can make a vast difference in the impact of a PowerPoint presentation. Your presentation is going to be unsuccessful, if at any point the spectators feel that you are:
- Nervous or unprepared
- Unable to communicate your ideology with the right voice tone
- Using too much of jargons or adding irrelevant humor
Above discussed are a few prominent pitfalls. But the job does not end here. If you really want to succeed in delivering an astounding presentation, then you need to go that extra mile to ascertain that none of the facts stated here destroy your presentation. To prevent their occurrence, keep a tab on essential elements that deserve to be included in every successful presentation. Some of these are:
- Study the mind of your audience so that you can hit the right chord
- Rehearse well before presenting any speech or presentation so that you are prepared to handle unexpected hindrances.
- Always keep a backup plan, so as to prevent the occurrence of any technical deformity.
By making sure that you have the aforementioned covered, you can provide a worthy experience for your listeners.