Each year, as the technology enters into the classroom there are always new innovations that are being brought into the fold which help students learn more efficiently and allow teachers to get their points across in a better way. There is one amazing tool that has been used in the classroom for some time now and will continue to be utilized, i.e. Microsoft PowerPoint.
This Microsoft program is the one that can enhance the overall comprehension of students and teacher’s presentation skills. Not just this, it enables teachers to present their lessons in a more dynamic way than simply writing on the blackboard. PowerPoint in the classroom can be used for tests, games, drilling, student projects and practice. For example, here are a few Educational PowerPoint Templates that can help both students and teachers to create engaging presentations.
Why Do Students And Teachers Use PowerPoint?
For both teachers and students to learn effectively, PowerPoint is absolutely an easy program. It comes with a complete tutorial which can be accessed by clicking on the help portion of the tool bar. Here are some of the reasons why teachers and students both make ideal use of PowerPoint:
- It has a spell-check function which blackboards do not have. It empowers students to be in charge of their own studying and offers them opportunities to present their work effectively.
- The biggest advantage of using PowerPoint in the classroom is that teachers can change the lessons and use them again and again. Thus, teachers save time on handing out material, repeated speech, writing on blackboard and so on…
- PowerPoint assists in collaborative learning in group projects with an involvement of each and every student in the teaching and learning processes. Eve, the students who are absent from the class can easily go through the content by watching a PPT which helps them to learn at home.
- In order to enhance the effectiveness of classroom instruction in several ways teachers use PowerPoint presentations. Since, it can enrich the information in a chapter and make the PPT more flexible and organized. Also, main points can be focused by using sound, animation and graphics.
- The motions and sound help students to understand the important points in a lesson. This format actually appeals to student’s different learning styles such as: creative, auditory and visual by applying multimedia methods including design, action, color, images, sounds and more.
These days, PowerPoint has become very popular since it is widely available and easy to learn. It is a magnificent way to teach students how to use visual aids perfectly while working on their public speaking and presentation abilities.
The next time when you are heading towards the classroom to deliver a lecture, use the PowerPoint rather since it will give you and your students a golden opportunity to learn and grow.