Whether you are an experienced or beginner in giving presentations, you can drastically increase results in any PowerPoint Presentation. Engaging an audience is fundamental key to the successful delivery of a great speech. But, when you fail to actively engage your audience, they will tune you out and subsequently lose interest.
When you are trying to persuade someone to buy your product or service or making efforts to win a new client, it is imperative for you to keep the listeners engaged and making the presentation interesting.
Every time when you present to a group or client, consider these 7 tips to engage audience with effective PowerPoint presentation. These tips will help you engage any crowd and win their attention:
- As per the recent research, it has been found that 80% of the population recalls the information visually. So, try to tell your story with colorful illustrations, pictures and photos of people. Don’t only think about presenting your information in bullet points.
- In order to bring your audience along every step of the way, you need to break your content in simple and short steps. Always ensure every step of your explanation is logical and then exemplify each and every step of the way.
- In the first seven seconds of your presentation, you need to WOW your audience and this has to be your top priority. You can do this with a statistic, story, quote or a picture. Whatever you select, your goal is to draw the attention of an audience.
- Make one message for your whole presentation. Because, if your audience sees only one message they will remember it for a long period of time. They will take action and talk about it. It is much more valuable than flooding the listeners with a limitless number of ideas.
- In order to keep each person involved, try to mix and match media. Use handouts, PowerPoint slides, videos, flipcharts and whiteboards. The more you will change the media, the more your audience is engaged. Further on, you will easily double your impact with whiteboard diagrams and videos.
- The speediest way to win audience attention is to simplify the slide design. Put one idea on each slide of your presentation as it will be simple for your audience to understand. You may also use the same message in words and photos so that your audience gets the idea quickly.
- Use all the above mentioned tips and indeed your call to action will be a natural progression. They want you to lead them to the solution. You can display videos of clients who bought your solution and are now enjoying the rewards. Leave some time for people to talk about your action.
When you will use these tips, your presentations will definitely be interactive. You will easily engage your audience and your audience will thank you.